- Right-click on the icon of your choice, and select "Save Picture As..." (This might look different on different browsers, but it'll be something like that).
- Leaving the filename and file type alone, pick an easy-to-remember folder to save the picture in.
- Now, open up AIM, if it's not already. On the Buddy List itself, click the "My AIM" menu (leftmost), then "Edit Options" and then "Edit Preferences."
- Select the "Buddy Icon" tab from the preferences menu, and click "Browse PC."
- Browse back to the folder where you saved the pic in step (2), and either double-click or single-click the file and then click "Select."
(If this still didn't work, you might want to call your friend who's the computer expert, and see if they can help you... we've done about all we can!)